Double Barrel Chain Conveyor
Find a Dealer
The Double Barrel chain conveyors have the benefits of a traditional chain conveyor (durability, low horsepower consumption and great capacity), but can be installed anywhere a traditional auger, air system or drag chain conveyor might be installed. Available with capacities up to 10,000 bushels/hr. The system is totally modular so lengths can be tailored to the specific application.
Chain conveyors, also called en-masse conveyors, are known to offer durability, low relative horsepower requirements, and high material moving capacities. The Double Barrel chain conveyor system from Sudenga combines the benefits of the traditional chain conveyor but can be used where you might have previously used a traditional, but harder on the grain and less durable round or u-trough style auger.
Installation of the Double Barrel can also be simpler than a traditional conveyor as it doesn't necessarily require catwalk to support horizontal runs, but rather, can be installed with truss kits and intermediate supports.
Why Double Barrel?
- Higher capacity ratings than a like sized round tube auger system.
- Lower horsepower requirements than a like sized round tube or u-trough system.
- Install horizontally, or at inclines up to 60 degrees.
- Better clean out than a traditional drag chain conveyor. Material is moved in a tube with a paddle which matches the tube shape. Grain can’t sit in the corners like it would on a traditional drag conveyor.
- Economical to install. Double Barrels often require less structure to support than a traditional drag conveyor.
- Modular system. All components bolt together, so the system can be tailored to fit the application. Sudenga can supply the outer tubes, or supply your own.
Where to use the Double Barrel?
You can use the Double Barrel chain conveyor pretty much anywhere a traditional auger or drag chain conveyor might be installed. Unlike a round tube auger, a chain conveyor doesn’t necessarily require grain in the system to run smoothly and quietly. This benefit makes the Double Barrel a great option for use with a grain dryer. The Double Barrel conveyors are also nice for stationary applications filling a grain bin, or for inclining after a bin unloading system. They can be installed horizontally or at an incline up to 60 degrees and doesn't necessarily require a catwalk support system like a traditional conveyor might.
- Totally modular.
- All components clamp together.
- Available in 6”, 8”, 10” and 12” diameter systems.
- Galvanized outer tubes standard if supplied by Sudenga.
- Standard and optional heavier gauge tubes available.
- Dodge gear reducers
- Tail mounted drive
- End and intermediate discharges
- Bypass inlet
- Truss kits
- Support stands
- Head mounted drive
- Flow-thru bypass inlet
- 6” Double Barrel: Up to 1500 BPH
- 8” Double Barrel: Up to 4000 BPH
- 10” Double Barrel: Up to 6000 BPH
- 12” Double Barrel: Up to 10,000 BPH
Capacities vary with the angle of operation
Angle of operation impacts available length and required horsepower.
Sudenga's Double Barrel systems are also often called double run conveyors or grain pumps in grain handling industry jargon.